Update: Secoda automations are now available in all workspaces
Learn more here
We're leaving repetitive, habitual tasks in 2023.
Reclaim 100+ hours a month by automating tasks your data team currently handles manually.
Scale success with automation so you can spend more time on impactful work.
The Power of Automations: Redefining Your Workflows
Automation is not just about saving time; it’s about transforming the way you work.
Why Secoda Automations is a game-changer for your data team:
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation: Say goodbye to the headaches caused by manual errors. Automations minimize mistakes in repetitive tasks, ensuring accuracy and efficiency across your metadata. Easily create workflows to automate data cleanup with task assignment, orphaned data identification, redundancy alerts and more. Now it’s easier than ever to make sure your documentation is always updated.
- Increased Productivity: Unleash the full potential of your team by automating time-consuming tasks. Build workflows to automate manual tasks related to documentation, tagging data, assigning ownership, keeping documentation up-to-date and so much more.
With more time on their hands, your team can focus on strategic, high-value activities, boosting overall productivity.
- Drive Product Adoption: By automating complex workflows, non-technical users can effortlessly navigate and execute tasks, reducing dependency on the data team and increasing data accessibility.
Build confidence and grow adoption of your data products by automatically tagging verified assets so business stakeholders are always using the most up-to-date resources. You can easily display the most popular resources across all sources to support data enablement and literacy initiatives.
- Saving Cost Through Efficiency: Our workflow automation doesn't just save time; it optimizes resource utilization and eliminates repetitive steps in business processes—translating into substantial cost and time savings.
- Maintain Governance and Control: Use Automations to build workflows to ensure your data is secure. Automatically verify high-quality data, tag assets containing PHI, PII and HIPPA information, and automate role-based tagging. Improve the accuracy, efficiency, and scalability of your data governance program.
Scaling made simple with Automations
We understand that implementing and maintaining data management platforms can be a daunting task. Solutions often end up being clunky and difficult to manage - that's why we've designed Secoda Automations to address your most common pain points. Here are some example use-cases and workflows:
Effortlessly transfer metadata, tags, and documentation to new tools within Secoda. Ensure quick, complete relocation of all essential information to maintain continuity and efficiency.
- Legacy System Flagging: Detect and tag resources still present in legacy systems that still need migration
- Deprecation Warnings: Automatically tag assets that haven’t been updated or viewed in the last 90 days.
- Schema Change Alerts: Tag tables as “recently changed” when a schema change occurs that may impact migration plans
With Automations, documentation is no longer a manual burden. It's like putting your data on cruise control—effortless and always up-to-date.
- Custom Property Propagation: If a custom property is added to a table, automatically add it to all tables in the same schema.
- Keyword-Based Tagging: When a keyword is detected in a column name or description, apply a specific tag.
- Automated Documentation Versioning: When changes are made to a schema, trigger documentation versioning and tag the updated documents as 'version-updated'.
Data Clean Up
Keep your data fresh and relevant without lifting a finger. Secoda Automations lets you identify redundant data, assign cleanup tasks to resource owners, recommend assets to be deprecated, and more.
- Automatic Tagging for Cleanup Candidates: Tag data that has not been accessed within a certain period as 'for review' for cleanup.
- Cleanup Task Assignment: Assign cleanup tasks to data owners based on the tags and last accessed date.
- Cleanup Progress Tracking: Track and report the progress of ongoing data cleanup initiatives.
Build confidence and grow the adoption of your data products by using automation to ensure business stakeholders are always using the most up-to-date resources. Display the most popular resources across all sources to support data enablement and literacy initiatives.
- Popularity: Automatically tag your most used assets in any integration
- Trust Scorecards: Develop and tag data based on scorecards for datasets based on their documentation completeness and usage.
Reclaim 100+ hours a month, Sign up for early access today
We're on a mission to revolutionize data management, and we want you to be part of it. Get early access to Secoda Automations and be among the first to experience the future of metadata automation.
Sign up for early access now: Get Started Here